If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What Do You Need on a Rainy Day?

Patience, that's what. All I can say is my So Cal babies can't stand not leaving the house all day. Baby girl is so fussy and has been attached to my hip all day. Big boy is throwing fits and wasting time. When I write that it sounds silly, because I guess we have time to spare, its just frustrating to ask him to do things and for it to take 3 hours. So, that's where my patience comes in. "Love is patient..." Well, I love my children, so I must be patient. Even when Ava doesn't go down for her nap...three times in a row. And when Tucker decides to take 45 minutes to eat a sandwich (not exaggerating on either one, wish I was.) I still have to choose to be patient. Not to mention that I have a great example of patience in the Lord. For the many years I did not obey him, and the more recent times I still slip up (like today for example), He still patiently waits for my plea for forgiveness. If my job as a parent is to show my children God's love, a very important part of this is patience. And another thing I am learning is that we have to choose our behavior and feelings. Am I choosing to be an angry, bratty, bitter, vengeful person? Or, am I choosing to be a loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, gentle, faithful, and self-controlled person? I think I'll choose the latter...how about you? Who are you choosing to be today?
 So, on this rainy day I am choosing to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment