If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Little Glimpse Into My Day...

Today has been a good day. The morning went smoothly, thanks to prayer over my children before they woke up. Tucker comes in and sleeps with me after Jimmy goes to work. As he lay there sleeping peacefully, I prayed over his heart, mind, attitude and future. I realized I should be doing this daily over both kids to protect their minds and spirits. My goal wasn't an obedient robot child, but it did have some nice results. We got Tucker off to school and Ava and I ran some errands with a friend. We then picked Tucker up and had some lunch and ice cream after school with one of his buddies. This was our scheduled fun. As dorky as it sounds, I have actually put "fun" on the schedule to ensure it gets in there. I believe we have fun everyday, but I want to make sure having fun with my kids doesn't get overrun by cleaning, cooking, volunteering, work, etc. that goes with the daily grind. So Friday's after school is now fun time. We then came home, did chores, and has some more (unscheduled) fun with our new found favorite game: obstacle course. I set up several tasks (running laps around the bar, riding the horse toy back and forth, thinking games such as stacking the rings in correct order, anything that gets out energy and requires mind skills) and time Tucker to see how long it takes him to do it. He often wants to do it over and over to improve his score. Although there were many things jammed in this day, it has been very peaceful. 2 Peter 1:2 is what I attribute this peace to, "May God bless you with His special favor and wonderful peace as you come to know Jesus, our God and Lord, better and better." The peace in my home is not from me, it is from the Lord. I am not anywhere close to being done with this journey, but I am coming to know Jesus better and better, and this is bringing peace to my home. Thank you Lord for peace! It is SOOO much nicer than strife. Just in case you were wondering what we did today, now you know! How was your day? I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment