If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

True Joy!

Joy can be a variable emotion depending on many factors. Do you only feel joy when everything goes according to your plans? When things are going your way? Or do you find joy in the surprises God sends along the way? Even if it's not what you had planned on? God gave me a first hand experience with this last week. God decided to send us a little surprise that was not in my immediate plans. God put a tiny blessing in my body, a baby :-) Now, because I am so good at running my mouth and talking about my plans instead of God's plans ;-), you might have heard me say that we were planning on trying for #3 in July after my sisters wedding. Well, God decided that he wanted to teach me that I can't plan anything, that He is the master of my future and I can only hope. And I am honestly okay with this. I will now be pregnant in my sister wedding, but that's okay with me (and okay with her!) I will be pregnant all Summer long (for the third time), but I can deal with it. Ava and this baby will only be just over 2 years apart, and I prefer my children to be 3 years apart. But you know what? God knows my children, my situation, and ME better than anyone on this planet, including myself. I know He takes the desires of my heart and makes them better than I could even imagine. I think God has finally changed this control freak into His daughter who trusts Him whole heartedly. Who would have ever thought!
 My verse for today is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Also, Philippians 4:4 "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." I am just going to rest in that verse for awhile, what peace! God bless :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the challenge to find joy even in the surprises. You are such a testimony of that. The glow on your face as you told us about blessing #3, was a direct reflection of true joy, despite the baby coming at a different/earlier time than expected. Excited to see what God's going to do in your growing family! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful, Caitlyn! :) Remember I had a dream that you had twins once, so keep an eye out for that ;) lol Love seeing you grow and be open to letting God control your life and submitting to His plans being different than yours. It's definitely encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete