If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Slow to Anger...Oh That's What I am Supposed to Be Doing.

Some days...Today has been one of those days. From the moment Tucker woke up this morning, it has been nonstop power struggles and disciplining. As calm as I was through the majority of the disciplining, I lost it towards the end. Love is slow to anger, and today, I was not. 1 Corinthians 13:5b states, "Love...is not easily angered." Sometimes I feel justified in being angry, after all I did take almost an hour of being screamed at and having to discipline the same child for the same thing three times. But that is completely wrong. I think of all the things I have done that have angered the Lord. And does He hold that over my head? Absolutely not! He forgives me for all my wrong doings, as long as I repent. My goal is to try to demonstrate that same love and compassion for my children. Christ is the only perfect one, we all make mistakes. Yet, Christ is the one who died for our sins, WHILE we were still sinners! He loved us despite our faults, and I need to do the same with my kids. It is my job to lead my children with a good example, asking for forgiveness when I become angry. Being a parent isn't always easy, and neither is being a kid. We both need grace and mercy. I am trying to teach them and asking the Lord to teach me. My inspiration for today is not so much about forgiveness or anger, but about teaching. It's a reminder to keep my cool in all circumstances, because my kids are learning from me at all times. "You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deuteronomy 11:19. I pray every day for better control of my emotions because He is the only one that can truly get them under control. I am trying to teach my children to do the same. Is this something you need to work on? If so, let me know and I will pray for you :-) Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment