If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Faithful and True

Faithfulness. This is one of the fruit I just kind of ignored. Not out of avoiding, but out of the feeling of completion. I feel faithful all the time. Every time I read the Bible, pray, appear righteous to those around me, etc. But a general faithfulness not applied to every part of my life is not true faithfulness. The dictionary defines faithfulness as a steady allegiance or affection; loyal; constant.On-again-off-again, periodic, compartmentalized faithfulness is not what this describes. Sometimes we give God part of our life. We say, you can have my home life, but not my work life. You can have my parenting, but not my marriage. You can have everything...except (*fill in the blank.*) This is how my finances got away from me. I was not being faithful with the money God had given me. I stopped asking God if every purchase was necessary and went on a blind spending blitz with a piece of plastic. Now, I am giving Him every part of my life, even the debit card. Thank you for praying for me to have restraint with my spending. I was able to keep my budget this week (for the first time in a long time.) God is faithful. Steady. Loyal. Constant. These define the way our God cares for us, we should do the same. If we are not faithful, does this mean God is not faithful? No! Romans 3:3-4a says "What if some do not have faith? Will this nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all!" But our faith allows God to bless us even more. What area of your life are you not being faithful in? Hand it over to God. Have faith that He can do a better job than we can because of His awesome power and love for us. Have a blessed day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment