If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Blast From the Past

I am not very good at journaling. I write faithfully for a few days, and then I go a month (usually much longer.) This is why I started this blog, so I could have a record of my journey and feel a sense of accountability to anyone who reads. A couple nights ago I was flipping through an old journal and came across my first official writing on the fruits of the Spirit. I feel it is necessary to add it to this record of change in my life.
"January 15, 2010-Lord, I feel called to Galatians 5:22-26. I feel like you want to produce some fruit in my life from these verses. As i read the words GENTLENESS and PATIENCE jump out at me. I don't feel like a very gentle, patient person most days. The moment I read those verses I knew you had an amazing journey for me. I look forward to working towards a more Christlike me. Time management can be hard for me, so I pray you remind me and I listen. After not reading your word daily for awhile, now when I pick it up and read it feels like I have been holding my breath for a long time and am now beginning to breath. Sorry I wasn't faithful in my reading (heart<3) You are the most important thing in my life and I need to show that with faithful reading.
The verse 1 Thessalonians 2:7 speaks volumes to me. "As apostles of Christ we had a right to make some demands on you, but instead we were like children among you. Or we were like mother's feeding and caring for our young children. We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God's good news but our own lives too."

This is crazy to me, because I completely forgot about this writing. And now that I read it, I get goosebumps. I don't know exactly what I meant by "1 Thessalonians speaks volumes to me...", but now I see something amazing. "We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God's good news but our own lives too." This, to me, is why I write this blog. Because I love my friends and family (and even those readers I don't know) and I want to share with you in hopes that anything I write gives you motivation to become more like Jesus. This is my way of sharing my life with you. And I want you to know, I want you to share your life with me too. If you read this and it speaks to you, please share! Message, email, text, comment, whatever! I want to know you too.
Thank you Lord for inspiring me to write, and keep me committed. <3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Caite! I really look forward to reading what you write. it's so common a theme among mom's and the world really does't have much to offer on how to have that gentleness and patience with our kids. I love your journey and the we get to share in it. I'm humbled by the job i have, to steward well the kids God has blessed us with. Thanks for being to open. I pray for you often and thank God for your increasing faith and fruit sister! :)

    ReplyDelete