If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Did You Know...

Ahhh, to sit down. After a long day at work and some quality time with my kids, I finally get to sit down in silence. After a very busy (and very fun!) weekend, I get to write. My topic today was actually brought up from this Sunday's sermon, from the amazing Jeremy McGinty @ the Movement. The part of the sermon that hit me the most was his summary of Romans 6:5-10. It said, "You know what the greatest thing about the cross of Christ is? The cross of Christ has broken the power of sin!" This constantly amazes me. Sin is nothing, so why does it have such a hold on us? We need to take this power God has given us over sin and put it into use. I have heard this passage several times over the last year or so, which has led me to the motto "Just Do It." You may have heard this before from a little known athletic company, but it means the same thing. Do you want to have a different life through Jesus Christ? Just do it. Do you want to change the things (i.e sin) in you that you don't want anymore. Just do it! Do you want to be better mom, wife, daughter, sister, Christian, leader, insert-your-word-hear? Then, JUST DO IT. What is stopping you? It's not sin, because as Paul says in Romans, "For since we know since Christ has been raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him...in the same way count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Jesus Christ." What are you afraid of? That you can't do it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. No excuses. Just do it. Pick your hardest thing to do, and decide to do it. Whatever excuses you've made, throw them out. Excuses are stopping you from being the person God made you to be. Obviously if God is putting something on your heart right now, it's for a reason. What's my hardest thing to do? Bite my tongue and be a submissive wife. What's my excuse? That's just how I am and it doesn't bother my husband that much. Wrong! It is not how God made me to be. See Ephesians 5:21-30. It doesn't bother him much? Of course it does. Proverbs 27:15, "A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day." Enough said.
 So I shared my difficult thing, what's yours? Whatever it is...just do it.
 (Please don't sue me Nike ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Lol...you are awesome Caitlyn! Thanks for being so transparent with you struggles.

    ReplyDelete