If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Joy Like A Child

With my new life of being a stay at home mom has come a complete peace that often passes understanding. It is different having them all day-every day, but I love it! I feel like my entire life has more order and I am now able to accomplish the things I wasn't able to before. Rather than feeling rushed from place to place, trying to complete chores, errands, etc., now I feel like we have time to do everything. And because we are not rushed, I have time to enjoy the little things that I missed before.
Today the Lord gave me a revelation while watching my children. Ava and Tucker were dancing to worship music and the dancing turned to spinning. They spun around the room in circles, giggling and falling down. They had no other thought in the world other than spinning and enjoying themselves. Their joy was evident on their faces and the sound of their laughter. As I watched them, God pointed out to me their childlike joy. They have no worries, they are not thinking of bills that have to be paid, they are focusing on what brings them joy. I need to focus on what brings me joy. And what is that? Being the best wife and mother that God designed me to be. I am going to make it my goal for the week to focus on the joy I get from following the Lord's calling in my life and work on being an even better wife and mother. My inspiration for this week comes from Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Although this verse does not mention joy, it does mention things that bring joy. And that is what I plan on focusing on this week. I hope you are called to do the same :-) Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment