If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Will You Marry Me?"

Oooooohhhhh my. Just let me breathe for a second. What a day. I don't know what it is about holidays that through my family off so badly. Maybe it is my expectations that I want the day to perfectly or the increased consumption of sugar or the added activities, but my kids were spun out today. Which made me completely irritable and not always nice (unfortunately.) Between breaking up argue nets between the kids, having someone arguing with me about every. homeschool. assignment. and a sassy 3 year old screaming NOOOO in my face whenever she is asked to do something. Or not do something, I was so unhappy by the time Jimmy got home. Happy Valentine's Day Babe :( Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who put it all in perspective for me without making me feel like a failure. He reminded me that no one has parenting figured out and we have to ask God everyday for the answers for the situations of that particular day. After a little cry, we came up its a game plan for the rest of the night and salvaged the day.
At the very end of the day, while doing homework with Tucker before his class tomorrow God gave me the sweetest little Valentine's Day gift. Tucker looked at me, through the frustration on my face, the tiredness in my eyes, and said, "Mommy, I want to marry you." This is the first time he has ever said this. Even with the arguing, the frustration, the rough day, he still wanted to marry me. And I was reminded of God's love for us in the love of a child. He loves us when we throw tantrums, when we are frustrated with His plan, when we are tired and irritable. He loves us no matter what. And there is nothing we can do to make Him love us more, or love us less. And we are His bride, His beautiful church that He can't wait to see coming back to Him. A love we don't deserve, just like the love of my son that I really didn't deserve today. God, you used Tucker to save my Valentine's Day, thank you, thank you so much.


Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-27 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment