If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

He Chose (me)

In the midst of the busyness of Thanksgiving weekend-cooking, cleaning, shopping- God reminded me that everything I have to be thankful is from Him, and that even blessings can get in the way of worshiping and pursuing our True Love. So, as I write this I am sitting at my computer in the dining room, which is half way taken apart to be deep cleaned and put back together, to sit and worship my True Love. I literally dropped my cleaning rag in the middle of cleaning and grabbed my Bible to study, and God called me back to the Scripture I started writing about a few days ago, Colossians 3:12-17.
Starting from the beginning  verse 12 says, "Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves..." Hold up. I can't get past that, let me say that again. "Since God chose (me) to be the holy people He loves...
me. Little old me. Someone who has a hard heart, who chose other things above Him, who questions His wisdom. Someone He knew would do these things, yet He sent His Son anyway. He chose me. He chose me (and you) to be the holy people He loves. Pardon me repeating myself, but, He LOVES us! Unbelievable. And it doesn't matter who you are, what you have done, what you are going to do, or any other thing in this world. He loves you more then anyone in this world ever could (even more than your mom ;-). There is nothing you can do to make Him love you more, and there is nothing you can ever do to make Him love you less. There is nothing as guaranteed as this. Although I know this, it still strikes me as amazing, the greatest gift anyone could ever receive. 
So...I am going to take a little while to meditate, marinate, ruminate on this promise and let it soak in to brain and heart properly. Once that is completed, I will move on to verse 12 part b, since I can't even get past part a! God is good friends, and He LOVES YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment