If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Day Has Arrived

The day finally came. I always knew this day would come. The day my kid understood math, science, and human anatomy enough to put two and two together.

"Mommy, you got married in January 2006 and I was born in July 2006. How did that happen?"

I didn't know what to say, after all I had only had 7 1/2 years to think about it. Luckily, because of other siblings around I told him I wouldn't be able to explain until bedtime. And you would have thought I would have used that time to think about it, but I didn't really. The second I stepped in the door the question came at me again.

I took a deep breath and started to explain.

"Before daddy and I got married, we weren't listening to what Jesus wanted us to do. We made some bad choices and we had sex before we got married. I was pregnant with you when I got married to your dad. Daddy and I knew we wanted to get married before we found out we were pregnant and we were going to get married anyway because we love each other very much. Mommy and daddy made a bad choice, but God used it for good. Do you know how? He used you to save my life. He used you to bring me back to Him. And that's one of the reasons why I love Jesus so much, because He uses our bad choices to bring us to Him. And I love you, and Daddy, and Jesus, so much."

With tears in my eyes I looked at this boy, this little boy who did save my life. He changed me from a selfish, young girl set on being uncontrolled...to a mom who would do anything for her family. And the best thing for my family was to go to church. And by going to church I fell back in love with Jesus and in love with His plan for my life. And by watching my husband be an amazing dad, he made me fall even more in love with him, which led to more happiness and more babies.

And as uncomortable as this could have been, it wasnt. Because this time, God gave me the words to say (Thanks God, because I could have really screwed this up). I wanted our son to know that we weren't perfect before we had him and we aren't perfect now. No one is perfect except for Jesus. I wanted him to know that people make mistakes, and Jesus redeems our mistakes and uses them for good. Because that lesson will teach him more then him thinking he has perfect parents.

When I think back to that day of being 18, unmarried, and pregnant, I could have never in a million years imagined I would have this beautiful life with so much grace, peace and love. God is so good to me, even though I never ever deserve it. Thank you God.

 

1 comment:

  1. I remember doing your hair when you were going through that! I remember we both started to grow in the faith and The Lord was working in your life and mine about the same time �� amazing what God can bring out of our sinful choices! I'm glad he also brought good out of mine because I would have also never guessed I would have the blessed life that I now have. Awesome post! I know someday I'm going to have to explain to my boys why there sister has another mommy besides me ��

    ReplyDelete