If it is your first time visiting, you might want to start here for a little background on why I started this journey.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Heart Change in 2014

Happy New Year! This joyous moment when all things are new, fresh, and all things are possible. 
I´m going to lose those 15 lbs! 
I am going to read my Bible every day! 
I am going to- 
And before you can finish that sentence you are back on the couch, searching through Pinterest, pinning recipes for Reese´s in between Oreo´s dipped in chocolate. (And I´m bot going to lie, those things are delicious.) 

This year I remembered all the resolutions I have failed on in the past and decided not to make any resolutions. Several days later my lovely friend summed up the reasoning in the perfect way, she wrote:


Her words were exactly what God had put on my heart, my brain was just not able to formulate it in such a perfect way. Behavior modification is not a lasting plan. Jesus coming in and doing heart surgery, that´s a lasting plan. 

What has God put on your heart for 2014? Is it more of Him? Less of the world? More family time? Less electronics? More nature? Less couch?

Whatever it is, whatever you keep hearing God whisper in your ear...Just Do It.

Do the things that God is putting on your heart. Because friend, they are there for a reason. There are things God wants you to experience and learn and grow from. There are things, that if you just open your eyes and pay attention, He will blow your mind with.

Things that once seemed mundane or difficult or impossible or scary can now seem exciting and easy and doable and amazing.

But the only way you will experience these wonders is by doing it. 
So take Nike´s advice and Just Do It.

You won´t regret it.

What has God put on your heart, I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment